It is the policy of ECS Systems Ltd to treat everyone with dignity and respect at work.
We are committed to an ongoing programme of equal employment and non-discrimination for all and comply with all relevant obligations under the Equality Act 2010.
This policy is not contractual but sets out the way in which we aim to manage equal opportunities. This policy applies to all employees and workers. To ensure that this policy complies with the law and remains effective and relevant we reserve the right to amend it as necessary from time to time.
We provide equal employment opportunities in accordance with the developments in the field of race relations, age, sex equality, sexual orientation, religion or belief, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, disability, marriage and civil partnership and the legislation to protect against discrimination in employment.
Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- To promote equality in the workplace which we believe is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- To ensure all staff will not directly or indirectly discriminate or harass any third parties including customer or clients
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by senior management.
All job applicants, employees and workers will be made aware of this policy and a copy of the policy will be made available to all employees on joining the business. Customers/clients may also be made aware.
We take a strict approach to breaches of this policy, which will be dealt with in accordance with our Disciplinary Procedure. Serious cases of deliberate discrimination may amount to gross misconduct resulting in dismissal.
If you believe that you have suffered discrimination you must raise your concerns with your line manager or a board director. Complaints will be treated in confidence and investigated as appropriate.
There must be no victimisation or retaliation against staff who complain about discrimination. However, making a false allegation deliberately and in bad faith will be treated as misconduct and dealt with under our Disciplinary Procedure.
Karen Evans Office Manager has overall responsibility for implementing and monitoring this policy, which will be reviewed on a regular basis following its implementation and may be changed from time to time.