Introduction and aim
ECS Systems Ltd is a security systems installation and maintenance business, operating from a site in Sidcup, Kent. Our main services are design, installation and maintenance of electronic security systems for intruder alarms, cctv systems and access control. We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all our operations including management, office services, site operations, and procurement. Dan Cope has overall responsibility for ensuring that sufficient resources are made available to enable the business to achieve our environmental objectives and targets and that the policy is implemented.
Lisa Gasal has the day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the requirements of this policy are being followed and for monitoring the effectiveness of the objectives. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
During 2021 and 2022, we aim to:
- make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste and recycling where possible
- meet our duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
- use recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified
- keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency
- work with suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- include environmental considerations in investment decisions for new plant, equipment or working practices
- inform and train all employees of the companies’ environmental objectives and how they can assist in meeting targets
- use the most environmentally friendly cleaning products whenever possibl
To achieve our aims, we have set ourselves the following targets:
- reduce vehicle emissions to air by the scheduling of work to reduce mileage and servicing all vehicles
- reduce the generation of general and hazardous wastes by reducing the amount of stock held in stores and ensuring all jobs are accurately scoped and priced to ensure material usage is minimised
- recycle as much paper, cardboard, plastic and metal waste generated in the office as possible
- reduce paper usage by increasing the use of e-mail and electronic documentation
- reduce energy consumption by monitoring energy usage and training staff on basic housekeeping
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through several mediums including:
- Annual management review of this environmental policy and any associated environmental procedures
- Regular internal audits of environmental procedures
- The monitoring of environmental objectives and associated targets
- Monthly management meetings.
This environmental policy is available at ECS Systems Ltd office. All members of staff will receive training on the environmental responsibilities of their role and will be informed of any updates or revisions via e-mail or team meetings.